- over 12 million square feet
of RETAIL SPACE representedRiverdale Park Station, Riverdale Park, MD
- representing 78 of the nation's
best retailers and restaurantsWhole Foods Market, Baltimore, MD
- leading provider of
RETAIL SOLUTIONSCathedral Commons, Washington, DC
Retailers & Restaurants
H&R Retail creates retail success.View all retailers
Take a look at our success stories.View all case studies
- Bailey's Crossroads Shopping Center
- Battlefield Marketplace
- Stafford Marketplace
- Whole Foods Market
- Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailers
news & daily clips
H&R Retail in the newsView all news
- June 19, 2015Why gym owners are retrofitting old movie theatersThe marquee sign that once listed showtimes at the Visions cinema in Dupont Circle now heralds the opening of the indoor cycling club Flywheel. The old concession stand has been repurposed into a front desk, while the mezzanine has been transformed into a fitness studio complete with floor-to-ceiling mirrors.
- June 19, 2015This franchisee wanted to open a Boston's Restaurant in Bel Air, but settled for a spot next to WegmansAbingdon wasn’t top of mind for Keith Asante when he began searching for space to open his first Boston’s Restaurant franchise. But, as he says, it’s not too bad being next to Wegmans.
- June 11, 2015After 3 Years, Cathedral Commons Officially Opens In Upper N.WAfter three years of construction, Cathedral Commons, a sprawling mixed-use complex at the corner of Wisconsin and Idaho Avenues N.W., officially opened this week in upper N.W., marking the arrival of 137 apartments, eight town homes and 125,000 square feet of retail space to the neighborhood at the western edge of Cleveland Park.
- June 11, 2015Before opening, Whole Foods emerges as a symbol of progress in Pr. George’sThe promise of living within walking distance of Whole Foods Market was a deciding factor for Keenan and Laura Keeling in their decision to move from Takoma Park to suburban Prince George’s County.
- June 11, 2015Geoffrey Mackler Awarded the Zelda Miller AwardIn recognition of his dedication and commitment to the annual campaign, Geoffrey Mackler was presented with Zelda Miller Award
- May 21, 2015Glen’s Garden Market Will Open Second Location in ShawTwo years after opening a Dupont grocery focusing almost exclusively on local foods, Glen's Garden Market is preparing for its second location. Owner Danielle Vogel says she's finalizing a lease for a space in the Shay, a mixed-use development at 8th and U streets NW.
- May 18, 2015Prince George's County is getting a new hotel at the Whole Foods siteCalvin Cafritz Enterprises, the owner of the 36-acre Riverdale Park Station development, will add a Hyatt House hotel there during the next few years.
- May 13, 2015Fashion retailer signs on to Connecticut Ave.Women’s apparel and accessories retailer Francesca’s has another D.C. store on the drawing board, this one along the Connecticut Avenue NW retail corridor.
The Houston-based boutique chain has signed a lease for a 1,500-square-foot store at 1143 Connecticut Ave. NW, according to Bradley Buslik and Geoffrey Mackler of H&R Retail, who represented the tenant in the transaction. Rosenthal Properties represented the landlord, D.C.-based Jenco Group.
- May 13, 2015It’s official: Major national retailer inks deal for RosslynMinneapolis-based Target Corp. will open a smaller-format Target Express store in Arlington’s Rosslyn neighborhood, a prospect we first reported in January.
- May 7, 2015Here's where the largest Whole Foods Market in the region is goingWhole Foods Market Inc. announced Wednesday that it has signed a lease to occupy a 70,000-square-foot flagship space at The Boro, the Meridian Group’s redevelopment of the 18-acre SAIC campus in Tysons.