- representing 81 of the nation's
best retailers and restaurants
- over 12.5 million square feet
of RETAIL SPACE representedRiverdale Park Station, Riverdale Park, MD
- leading provider of
RETAIL SOLUTIONSCathedral Commons, Washington, DC
Retailers & Restaurants
H&R Retail creates retail success.View all retailers
Take a look at our success stories.View all case studies
- Stafford Marketplace
- Whole Foods Market
- Bailey's Crossroads Shopping Center
- Battlefield Marketplace
- Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailers
news & daily clips
H&R Retail in the newsView all news
- June 6, 2016Revamped Silver Spring mall picks up Guitar Center, new farmers market for D.C., and more retail newsMusic lovers in Montgomery County will have a new place to geek out come 2017 when Guitar Center opens a 14,500-square-foot store in the revamped Ellsworth Place mall in downtown Silver Spring.
- June 2, 2016Kung Fu Tea is Bringing More Bubble Tea to the 'BurbsTheir bubble tea is customizable
Bubble tea franchise Kung Fu Tea is beefing up its presence in the D.C. suburbs.
The cafe, which opened a flagship location in Rockville last summer, is poised to debut locations in both Silver Spring and Tysons Corner this year.
- May 11, 2016Whole Foods, ShowPlace Icon at The BoroIn 2015, Meridian sealed the deal for not only a 70,000-square-foot flagship Whole Foods, but also a 15-screen Kerasotes Showplace Icon Theatre complete with lobby bistro, full bar, reserved seating and deluxe leather recliners.
- April 12, 2016Meet our 40 Under 40 business leaders in WashingtonMeet the Washington Business Journal's class of 40 Under 40 for 2016. Forty young women and men who have scaled the ranks in real estate, health care, hospitality, technology, law and, well, every other industry you can imagine in the Washington area.
- April 12, 2016Hard-hat tour: Inside the Cafritz Foundation’s Art Place at Fort TottenIt’s difficult to grasp the scale of Art Place at Fort Totten from the streets that bound it, but from the inside, you get it. This is a massive undertaking.
The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation, one of the largest philanthropic entities in the region, expects the first phase of Art Place — a three-wing, 520-unit apartment building (141 affordable) with 105,000 square feet of retail — to deliver in mid-2017. Foulger-Pratt, the general contractor, recently topped out two of the three wings, with the third coming as soon as this week.
- April 5, 2016H&R Retail Completes Five Retail Leases In Washington AreaH&R Retail, a Washington, DC/Baltimore-based retail real estate brokerage firm, announced that it recently completed five retail transactions in the Washington, DC region. The transactions include:
- April 5, 2016New seafood spot from Pork Barrel owners coming to AlexandriaThe restaurant group behind Pork Barrel BBQ, Sushi Bar and Holy Cow in Del Ray and Sweet Fire Donna’s in Alexandria’s Carlyle neighborhood is making another investment in the latter.
- January 27, 2016Hobby Lobby expands in Northern Virginia with planned Woodbridge locationCraft emporium Hobby Lobby will open a new store in Woodbridge later this year, making it the fourth location of the national chain in Greater Washington.
Hobby Lobby signed a lease to open a 63,971-square-foot store in Smoketown Station shopping center at 14000 Shoppers Best Way, near the Potomac Mills retail destination. David Ward of H&R Retail, along with co-broker The Keith Corp., represented Hobby Lobby in the transaction.
- January 14, 2016Massive Tysons project, future home of flagship Whole Foods, approvedThe latest effort to rid Tysons of its suburban-style, surface parking-dominated office campuses is now full steam ahead.
- January 8, 2016Potbelly, Chipotle join Chick-fil-A in Anne Arundel retail developmentGrabbing a bite before a flight may get a little easier.
Corporate Office Properties Trust Inc. (NYSE: OFC) has lured four fast-food restaurants to its Nursery Landing retail development near Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.